First, I would like to thank everyone who commented on my post yesterday. By popular vote my next book will be The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness and as soon as I finish Y: Last Man by Brian Vaughan I will be starting The Sandman series by Neil Gaiman. Now, on to Top Ten Tuesday.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the bloggers at The Broke and The Bookish. They do a great job of coming up with fun weekly topics for our lists. This week we are thinking spring fever and playing hooky and the books that we would want with. My list is a mixed bag of books that will be coming out in the spring (and will most certainly tempt me into playing hooky) and books I have been meaning to read (and should really just take a day off and give them the attention they deserve).
1. Black Heart by Holly Black. I have already stated that I am not pleased with the cover change, but I am 100% certain that I am going to love being back in Cassel’s world. I should look at the time off calendar now because this one comes out next week! If you haven’t already, do yourself a favor and read White Cat and Red Glove.
2. Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I may have to play birthday hooky with the sequel to Divergent. This one is out May 1 and I can’t wait!
3. The Serpent’s Shadow by Rick Riordan. The third book in the Kane Chronicles series also comes out on May 1, so I am definitely going to need some time off that week to enjoy all my new books!
4. Timepiece by Myra McEntire. The sequel to Hourglass is due out in June and I will definitely be devouring it in one sitting. The perfect book to kick of summer reading.
5. Flock by Wendy Delsol. The sequel to Stork and Frost isn’t due out until September, but I may be fortunate enough to get a sneak peek. Fingers crossed. There is no cover art yet, so you’ll have to use your imagination. In the meantime, enjoy the covers of the first two.
6. Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins. I am patiently waiting my turn for the last book in the Hex Hall trilogy.
7. The Emperor of Nihon-Ja and Ranger’s Apprentice: Lost Stories by John Flanagan. I feel like I have been rushing through books lately and I don’t want to speed read the final books in the Ranger’s Apprentice series. I love this series and I don’t ever want it to end. I think I will have to take a day off to read, enjoy, and then say good-bye to Will, Halt, Horace and little Tug. The good news is I have The Brotherband Chronicles to look forward to.
8. Across the Universe by Beth Revis. I seriously need read this. I own it. It wants me to read it. I will, I promise!
9. A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin. I am going to have to read this book soon just so that I can stop putting it on a TTT list every week. This book is a monster. I imagine myself on a patio with a fancy coffee treat and this book.
10. Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride. This is another one I have been meaning to read. Maybe a day off would help out?
Ok, the reading list is planned, now let’s go look at the calendar and pick some days off. What books are you playing hooky with?