1. Blog about favorite books of 2010
Blog about 2010 goals
Blog about 2011 goals (see below)
Blog about books to look for in 2011 (see below, below)
How many lists can I work into one post? So far two, but I think I can manage more if I try hard enough. So here it is. After weeks (ok, fine, a few minutes) of thoughtful consideration, here are the blogging and reading related things I would like to accomplish in 2011:
1. Read 200 books. Audiobooks totally count for this. Also, I am once again going to attempt to branch out. I hope to have a nice mix of debut authors, historical fiction, realistic fiction, mystery, science fiction, and fantasy. I did ok this year, but I can do better.
2. Read and review more nonfiction. I read 8 in 2010, I can do better than that!
3. Read and review more graphic novels and manga. Can I read 1 a week? 52 is a lofty goal!
4. Read and review more “oldies but goodies.” Don’t get me wrong, shiny new books are awesome and I love being among the first to read new releases, but my shelves are literally overflowing with treasures that I have not read. Can you say Bloody Jack? Hello! Talk about buried treasure. That first book had been on the shelf for 6 years before I stumbled upon it. I can’t wait to find out what else is just sitting there waiting for me to discover.
5. Blog more. (Need I say more?) Mondays with Megan was a great way for me to make blogging a habit and I think I am ready to increase the frequency of my posts. Watch for more reviews in 2011! I may even attempt a contest or two!
I think that is enough to keep me busy. Though as a professional librarian I suppose I should say something about reading award winners and all that, but seriously, have you seen how many teen book awards are out there? No? Well, trust me, there are a ton. I do make an effort to read off those lists, but I would go batty if I attempted to read them all. Don’t worry, I will let you know when I am reading an award winner. How does that sound? Oh, wait, I nearly forgot about my author stalking plans! Ok, maybe stalking sounds a bit, um, well, stalkerish. What I mean is, I plan on renewing my efforts to meet my favorite authors. Stacey and I were on a roll there for a while, but with the holidays and all…you know. So anyway, meet authors can be number 6 on the list.
And now, for the third and final list of this post-books to look for in 2011:
1. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
2. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
3. Plague by Michael Grant
4. Anything by Rick Riordan (more Kane Chronicles and more Heroes of Olympus are due out)
5. City of Fallen Angels and Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
6. More Ally Carter
That’s all I have off the top of my head.
Finally, I would like to thank my readers. There aren’t very many of you, but I truly appreciate that you take the time to read this blog. Happy New Year! Oh, and come to my duct tape craft program on January 11th at 7pm.