Look at me, cleverly finding a way to make bonus Top
Ten Thirteen lists (I have my own Top Ten-ish list on Read it or Weep)! Yesterday I polled my high school book club readers and asked what books they loved this past year. In no particular order:
1. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. I am reading this now. It really is a thrilling book.
2. Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay (and Romeo Redeemed). Adding to my giant TBR list.
3. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. I am so excited that one of my teens is finally reading this!
4. Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst. On the list…
5. Mothership by Martin Leicht. Totally agree! Love this one.
6. Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson. Another fantastic pick!
7. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. I was bummed that they did not enjoy Leviathan, but I so happy to see Uglies was a favorite.
8. Divergent by Veronica Roth. I was with her on this one until the end. We respectfully disagree on the end of the series 😉
9. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.
10. Cinder by Marissa Meyer. This selection warms my heart…it was one that I chose for book club earlier in the year!
I have to toss in my own bonus picks!
11. Reality Boy by A.S. King. I can’t wait to introduce these guys to King. I hope they love her books as much as I do.
12. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. So much love. I don’t think any of them have read this yet.
13. Champion by Marie Lu. Legend was another book club selection. I think they all went on to read Prodigy.
And since I am always picking books for them I decided to turn the tables and let them pick books for me. Once a month I will randomly choose a book from titles they select. Up first:
Eye of Minds by James Dashner.
This title was recommended by Jillian. We seem to enjoy many of the same books, so I am confident that this will be a great read. I will report back in February!
˜Megan, Emily, Jillian, and Olivia