Good Afternoon Dear Reader! Thanks for stopping by and reading my ramblings.
In case you missed it, last week I held a Death by Chocolate program that drew about 40 teens. I love doing this program. There is quite a bit of prep work that goes into it, but it’s worth it. I played Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory as the backdrop for all of the day’s events. I had a buffet table set with crock pots of melted chocolate and a variety of things to be covered in said melted chocolate-marshmallows, graham crackers, pretzels, vanilla wafers, and bananas. I also printed up some Valentine’s Day BINGO cards and used M&Ms and markers. I am always amazed by how much everyone loves to play BINGO. Winners got mini candy bars. I had a worksheet with pictures of cross sections of well-known chocolate bars and challenged participants to identify as many as possible. I also had some chocolate covered insects on hand and dared them to be brave enough to eat one. I had 12 daring souls chewing on meal worms and crickets (gag)! Oh, and just because I could, I whipped up mini chocolate chip pancakes. We had so much fun!
I had a very busy weekend that included a stop at Grandpa’s Cheese Barn. I still can’t believe that this was my first time there! It’s like a little slice of heaven in the middle of Ohio! I only had time for some graphic novels over the weekend, but I am ahead of schedule on my new goal, so I am not fretting my current novel dry spell.
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?
- The Gigantic Beard That Was Evil by Stephen Collins-♥♥♥♥♥. Weird and clever and unusual. Amazing black and white illustrations.
- One Plus One by Jojo Moyes-♥♥♥♥. I’m a sucker for a good road trip story. Especially one with quirky characters!
- Mortal Coil by Derek Landy-♥♥♥♥♥. Book 5 in the Skulduggery Pleasant series is very long and very dark and super amazing!
- Revival vol. 1-3 by Tim Seeley-♥♥♥♥. Give this to your Walking Dead fans! In a small town in Wisconsin the dead won’t stay dead.
- The Last American Vampire by Seth Grahame-Smith-I didn’t even know there was going to be a sequel to Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter!
- Wild Rover No More by L.A. Meyer-the final chapter in the Jacky Faber saga.
Currently Reading (though not very committed to them and will be willing to abandon if something better comes along):